The Old saying “you get what you pay for” is an important consideration when purchasing fruit trees. Bargain plants may not be healthy or may be a variety not adapted to your area. Buy only trees of recommended varieties from a reliable source.
Remember these few points when purchasing trees:
- Healthy 1 year whips 3’-4’ tall 1⁄2” to 3⁄4” diameter are preferred
- Healthy container plants 4’-8’ tall 1”to 2” diameter
- Small trees with a good root system is more desirable
- Do not purchase trees that appear stunted, poorly grown or diseased
- Closely check labels to make sure of variety and rootstock
Watch this short video that describes our ROOT TRAPPER SYSTEM that is one of the many factors that goes into making your Wildlife Group fruit tree purchase more likely to succeed!